The Standing Committee of European Doctors (CPME) represents national medical associations across Europe. We are committed to contributing the medical profession’s point of view to EU institutions and European policy-making through pro-active cooperation on a wide range of health and healthcare related issues.
- We believe the best possible quality of health and access to healthcare should be a reality for everyone.
- We see the patient-doctor relationship as fundamental in achieving these objectives.
- We are committed to interdisciplinary cooperation among doctors and with other health professions.
- We strongly advocate a ‘health in all policies’ approach to encourage cross-sectorial awareness for and action on the determinants of health.
- Doctors in Europe offer medicine which corresponds to the highest quality standards and is accessible to all who need it all over Europe.
- Doctors in Europe enjoy good working conditions; their financial condition allows them to practice good medicine and their well-being is upheld.
- Doctors in Europe can practice free from undue interference of administration, economy or insurances.